Safe, high-reliability electric power requires careful study of faults and thoughtful application and coordination of protective devices. POWER Engineers has the experience needed to design and configure your protection system to perform properly under the most demanding conditions.
From legacy devices to highly integrated peer-to-peer solutions based on the latest protocols and standards (such as IEC 61850), our team understands the critical nature of your electric service and the value of your equipment investment. Our experts study expected performance using a range of electrical modeling software and coordinate devices to clear faults, balancing reliability, dependability, security, and sensitivity. And if your existing system isn’t meeting your safety or dependability needs, we can perform coordination reviews and hazard mitigation analyses that identify practical, economical, and proven solutions.
Dependable, Safe, Reliable
From blank paper design to brown-field additions, we can do it. We have experience protecting electrical generation, transmission, and distribution facilities at voltages from 480V through 500 kV. Our team has the tools and expertise to develop dependable protection schemes from distribution feeders to transmission line series capacitors, from lateral fuses to phase-angle regulating transformers, and from molded-case breakers to static VAR compensators.
A Higher Standard of Protection and Automation
POWER Engineers doesn’t need to stop with protective relay settings. We provide substation automation and communication services necessary to turn your needs into seamless protection, substation integration and SCADA solutions. All your studies, protection and automation needs, all in one place – – that’s the POWER advantage.
Power System Protection Services
- Transmission line protection to 500 kV
- Communication-based protection (POTT, DCB, DCUB)
- Unit protection (Line current differential, transformer differential)
- Substation protection (bus, breaker, transformer)
- Power plant protection (generator, motor, transformer, auxiliaries)
- Renewables protection (wind, solar, automatic restoration)
- Distribution protection (transformer, bus, feeder, recloser, fuses)
- Specialty protection (phase-shifting transformer, series comp, single-pole tripping, static VAR compensator)
- Area coordination studies
- Fault/short circuit studies
- Arc flash hazard analysis & mitigation
- Motor starting analysis
- Reliability analysis
- Peer-to-peer protection & control