CEO Message for Our Clients
We are all facing difficulties with the coronavirus pandemic and its effects on our families, our businesses and our communities.
Given these extraordinary times, I wanted to personally inform you of what POWER is doing to protect the health and safety of both your employees and ours, while maintaining business continuity.
Health and Safety Practices
We have implemented a number of policies and procedures for our workplace. These include, but aren’t limited to, the following practices:
- Social distancing practices
- Cancellation of events and conferences
- Restrictions on non-essential business travel
Maintaining Business Continuity
Mutual success of both POWER and our clients is the foundation of POWER’s mission. To ensure we can continue to safely meet your needs, we have taken the following additional steps:
- Work from home companywide
- Approval of client-essential travel, where permitted
- Implementation of regional data centers to improve data transfer
- Strengthening of our IT infrastructure to improve our responsiveness
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to improve data security
We strongly encourage our team members and their client counterparts to work together to find creative and safe ways to continue to execute projects in light of the current conditions.
We believe it is critical during a crisis to make decisions based on facts. As such, we continue to monitor trusted sources of information such as the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the Department of State. Based on the recommendations of these and other reliable groups, we will continue to adjust our plans.
If we all work together, we believe we can keep our employees, their families, our clients and our communities as safe as possible while maintaining business continuity.
President and CEO