Rising risks related to food safety prompted this multi-national food and beverage company to execute a full complement of sanitary design and hygienic risk assessments. Our team provided oversight of a two-year program spanning 11 countries and assessing plants in North America, South America, and Europe.
- Reduced risk of contamination. We provided a five-year plan identifying opportunities to enhance and improve internal processes and standards. By implementing these recommendations, our client has significantly reduced potential risks in their plants and supply chain.
- Global support. Facility surveys spanned three continents and covered a vast range of product types: extensive knowledge of regulations and standards (as well as our understanding of sanitary and hygienic design principles) allowed us to truly provide global support.
- Rapid mobilization. Our team was flexible and responsive to our client’s available assessment windows. This often required rapid response to support their calendar and widespread locations.
- Assessment of both internally owned and supplier plants.
- Review of plant hygienic conditions including: materials compatibility, construction methods, equipment standards, sanitation operations, and sanitary compatibility of plant infrastructure systems.
- Full hygienic assessment of process equipment, plant infrastructure, materials movement, and human practices.
- Report for each location summarizing plant conditions, potential risks, and recommended improvement priorities.
- Mitigation plans for high priority improvement opportunities.