Client: Madison Gas and Electric
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Due to the age of the current system and emerging requirements, MGE needed either to upgrade to the latest version of the current GIS software or select a new GIS platform. MGE secured POWER to help evaluate options for upgrading or replacing the GIS and mobile solution, develop requirements and an RFP, and guide the RFP process to select the best overall solution. MGE’s needs included graphical work design, mobile GIS, Internet-based access and an easy-to-use tool for analyzing geospatial data.
- New solution supported the same level of integration with MGE’s enterprise systems as well as the ability to incorporate new data sources
- Achieved MGE consensus for a new GIS, using SelectPro decision-support tool and POWER’s proven evaluation templates
- Successful vendor selection and contract negotiations resulted from POWER’s evaluation of RFP responses
- A needs assessment report and strategic plan outlined the leading options for mobile and desktop GIS environments going forward.
- Assessed the current GIS environment, facilitated workshops with 12 different user groups to gather requirements, performed an assessment of GIS vendors, developed a proposed schedule for implementation of the new systems and estimated costs for the deployment.
- Created a GIS introductory video as a primer for attendees prior to attending the workshops.
- Developed an RFP, created selection criteria, participated in evaluating proposals and demonstrations, and used decision support software for the final vendor selection.