Client: General Electric Company
POWER provided several divisions of GE with third-party industrial hygiene consulting services and compliance assistance in order for the company to meet environmental and health and safety regulations. The GE divisions included jet engine and avionics manufacturing, engine testing and electric generator maintenance. POWER also verified safe workplace conditions during the demolition or renovation of a number of buildings at GE’s Ohio operations.
- Protected employees and the environment by designing hazard abatement projects that met OSHA, EPA and Ohio Department of Health regulatory requirements as well as GE plant standards.
- Protected GE employees against hearing loss by identifying high-noise risks in production areas and documenting noise exposures.
- Reduced risks by identifying, evaluating and controlling asbestos and other hazards in structures designated for demolition or renovation.
- Protected employees’ health by demonstrating that exposures to toxic chemical agents and noise were effectively controlled by engineered solutions, work practices and protective equipment.
- Exposures to asbestos, welding fumes, metallic dusts, volatile organic compounds, noise and other occupational hazards were carefully monitored.
- Performed inspections and bioaerosol air monitoring (fungal spores, mycotoxins, microbial VOCs) to determine when employees could safely return to many buildings damaged by severe spring flooding.
- Daily indoor air quality data provided for occupied buildings near demolition and hazard abatement projects to document safe workplace conditions.
- Industrial hygiene monitoring and exposure assessment
- Hazardous materials management, remediation and abatement design
- Regulatory compliance
- Health and safety data collection and documentation
- Confined space surveys
- Noise mapping and noise dosimetry monitoring