POWER’s critical power team, including select staff with Industrial Control System Cybersecurity 301 Training, specializes in providing unmatched engineering expertise in SCADA systems. We are uniquely qualified to provide cleared technical support to integrate a broad spectrum of disparate control components for generation, medium/high-voltage switchgear, and substation controls for monitoring, controlling, and protective relaying. The team has demonstrated expertise designing these systems using protective relaying devices, remote terminal units (RTUs), PLCs, SCADA operator interface software, and custom software. For end-point usage, the team has expertise with complex building management systems (BMS) and energy management control systems (EMCS) for energy efficiency and savings.
Our SCADA engineering and designs not only support redundant and uninterruptible backup power delivery but also provide protection against cyber threats. POWER’s SCADA system and cybersecurity designs enable our federal clients to maintain critical infrastructure and keep information secure for 24/7 mission-sensitive operations.
SCADA Design Services
- Development of control philosophy
- Plant-level SCADA design and execution
- Communications network architecture design
- Integration of data from diverse communication protocols
- Monitoring and control of manufacturing systems
- Human machine interface (HMI) programming
- Control system design
- Instrumentation design
- Plant interlock and process design
- Control panel design
- Logic and HMI design and configuration
- Network and wiring design
- Simulation/bench testing of SCADA software applications prior to implementation in the field to mitigate risk of unscheduled outages or delays during construction/implementation