Client: City of Lansing
The City of Lansing desired to replace multiple systems with a cohesive asset management system that addresses the Public Service Department’s functions. POWER is providing the expertise in using Cityworks to improve business processes across multiple services areas. POWER’s implementation and integration experience will enable the City to achieve a viable and cost-effective in-house solution. The project involves a multi-phased Cityworks AMS and PLL implementation to many City departments. Initial deployment is scheduled for March 2015 for the Operations and Maintenance staff in the Streets, Surface, and Sewer Divisions along with the Waste Water Treatment Plant operations. Additional departments will be brought online in future phases from Engineering, Forestry, Parks, Facilities, Trash/Recycling and Permitting.
- Full evaluation, review and documentation of existing and ‘to-be’ business processes and workflows
- Complete Cityworks system design and requirements
- Custom Cityworks integration requirements, design and development have been completed to simplify Cityworks administration tasks and automate work flow functions.
- Cityworks installation and configuration for multiple departments across multiple environment (Development, Test, Production)
- Created detailed test plans and procedures to support acceptance testing activities
- Prepared production roll out and deployment plans
- Business process audits with workflow process evaluation documentation
- Cityworks deployment for public works, streets, surface maintenance, sewer facilities, waste water treatment plant, forestry, signs, parks, trash/recycling, permitting
- Integration with BS&A for external customer data, IFAS for Cityworks users and employee data and Wonderware SCADA software for Waste Water Treatment Plant maintenance work orders
- Cityworks mobile product evaluations, selection and deployment
- Migration of existing work management information from Cartegraph for Sign data and Davey Tree Keeper for forestry and parks data.
- Implementation planning
- Project management
- Business process reviews and evaluation
- System requirements
- Cityworks AMS and PLL software installation and configuration
- Integration requirements, design and development
- Training, testing, and deployment support