Looking to introduce a new product to market, this leading food processor contacted POWER to assist with this $10 million cream cheese processing and packaging project. In eleven months, working closely with plant stakeholders, our team delivered major process, utility, building, and packaging modifications to support the project.
- Aggressive, fast-track schedule helped speed a new product to market: Our team worked closely with a team of plant, corporate engineering, R&D and equipment manufacturing stakeholders to deliver the project within 11 months, helping our client rapidly roll out its new product.
- Flexible filling solutions: The filling system was designed to accommodate hot- or cold-filled, 4-inch diameter cups, each holding 8, 12, or 16 ounces of product using multiple filling stations on a single filling machine.
- First-in first-out packaging: Live accumulations systems supplied cups in a first-in, first-out order to a sleeve machine prior to the case packer, ensuring product did not linger on the line while awaiting further packaging.
- 360 cup-per-minute filling system
- Complete packaging system from cup sealing, coding, and x-ray, through cartoning, case packaging, case conveying, and palletizing.
- Product conveyance with high speed combiners and laners
- Live accumulation system feeding cups to sleeve machine and then to a case packer
- Two new air handlers with flooded ammonia coils
- Addition of new evaporative condenser to the facility’s existing refrigeration plant
- Preliminary engineering report
- Plant evaluation services
- Process engineering
- Packaging engineering (accumulation systems, high-speed combiners and laners, cartoning, case packing and conveying, palletizing)
- Building and utility system modifications
- HVAC and refrigeration design
- Bid package preparation
- Project management and close coordination with client and vendors