Our team was hired by this leading food processor to relocate and install existing and new processing and packaging equipment to support four, new hot-pack lines for individually wrapped cheese slices. The project involved infrastructure changes, the removal and relocation of existing equipment, and the installation of new equipment.
- Design for a high-speed packaging room: our team delivered the client with a packaging room that wraps nearly 10,000 slices of cheese per minute.
- Flexible and responsive design services: despite scope fluctuations after project approval our team of experienced engineers was able to maintain the original schedule and deliver the project on time.
- Simulation services create design efficiencies: A simulation model used to determine required accumulations and packaging system design parameters helped our team deliver an optimized design.
- Rooftop building addition
- Conversion of an existing area of the plant into a process area (installing new walls, floors, and ceiling)
- Process system including:
- Raw liquid and dry ingredient receiving
- Blending and mixing (in accordance with specific product recipes)
- Liquid cheese cooking
- Delivery to hot pack fillers
- Packaging system including:
- Hot-pack fillers
- Case packers
- Case conveyor system
- Installation of refrigeration, fire protection, and other mechanical utility systems
- New electrical power and controls systems
- Multidiscipline project team: Process, packaging, mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering and design services
- Drawing and specification development
- Initial evaluation and concept validation to determine required number and locations of new lines
- Preliminary engineering to define project scope, schedule, and budget
- Final/detailed engineering to develop layouts and bid packages
- Installation and start-up support
- Construction support services