POWER was contacted to assist a major yogurt manufacturer in the design and installation of a new processing line for a brand of healthy, “natural” style yogurt. This project incorporated the production of a completely new, differently branded product into the client’s existing facility.
- Ahead-of-schedule project delivery supported our client’s business needs: When business and marketing factors required a significant acceleration in schedule, our team was asked expand our support of the project and to provide process engineering deliverables, thus expediting the design phase and delivering the project ahead of the original delivery date.
- Smart modeling squeezed a new line into an existing space: 3D equipment and piping modeling enabled out team to deliver a functional line while working within tricky spatial constraints in an existing facility.
- Phased delivery kept product running: By installing the new line in a series of phases, we were able to accommodate the client’s need to keep the plant operational throughout the process. This also allowed the design team to better coordinate the necessary structural, mechanical, and electrical modifications required to implement this upgrade in the midst of an existing, older facility.
- Installation of a new product line within an aging, existing facility
- Complete process design from raw materials receiving through to the filler
- Complete pasteurization system upgrade
- 3D equipment and piping modeling
- Design documents, calculations, and cost estimate for initial project assessment for capital authorization
- Process design services including:
- Process flow diagrams
- Instrumentation and control strategies
- Equipment layouts
- Equipment RFPs
- Bid tabulations
- Installation bid packages
- Bid walks
- Construction documents (drawings and scope documents)
- Procurement support and equipment expediting
- Owner’s technical representative in the installation and commissioning of the production system
- Project management including:
- Guiding both the client’s internal and external engineering resources
- Facilitating communication schedules
- Documenting all engineering functions to meet project deadlines