Client: Mitsubishi Electric Power Products
POWER provided engineering services for the installation of a static var compensator (SVC) at First Energy’s 230 kV Squab Hollow Substation. The primary purpose of the SVC system is to provide fast dynamic reactive power support and to automatically regulate the bus voltage continuously under normal and contingent conditions of the power system at the First Energy 230 kV Squab Hollow Substation. POWER was a subcontractor to Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, the EPC contractor for the project.
- Modified foundation designs to accommodate harsh construction conditions.
- Unique yard layout to accommodate available site area.
- Project substation complete and in-service dates met.
- New system provides -100 to +250 Mvar continuous compensation
- Design developed to end user engineering and drafting standards for seamless incorporation into the end user’s system
- Vertically stacked, low-voltage bus to reduce footprint
- Cost effective building design
- Complete physical design
- Complete civil and structural design
- Complete protection and control design
- Complete communications design
- Construction support
- Procurement support
- Testing and commissioning